A reed diffuser is one of the best additions to your home for both functionality and fashion. Reed diffusers provide passive aromatherapy for months at a time, with little to no maintenance.
If this is a project you've been eyeing up, then this might be the right time to dive in! It's a super easy project and won't take long at all. You just need the right components and then you'll have your very own reed diffuser!
An easy project that anyone can do!
1. In a measuring cup or bowl, add the 1/4 cup of carrier, and 25-30 drop sof your essential oil or essential oil blends.
2. If you're using the isopropyl alcohol, add it in to the oil mixture now and mix thoroughly to combine.
3. Pour the mixture into your vessel. Use a funnel if the opening is so small to avoid leaks.
4. Insert your reeds into the vessel. After a 5-6 hours (overnight is fine if you forget) flip the reeds.
5. Replace the oil and reeds as necessary, every 3 months or so.
Reed diffusers don't produce the same amount of aroma as other, electrically powered diffusers, so don't be surprised if it doesn't smell as strong as you expect. Placing your diffuser in a high traffic area or a room with lots of air circulation will help produce aroma as the oils continue to evaporate.
If you're looking for some inspiration for scents or vessel designs, or just want to skip the trouble of doing it yourself, check out our list of the most popular reed diffusers of the year.
Please log in again. The login page will open in a new window. After logging in you can close it and return to this page.